top of page
British Pound Notes

Personal Care Funding....

If you have less than £23,250 in savings, you may be eligible for help towards the cost of care. From October 2025, this will increase to £100,00. The amount of help you receive from the council will depend on what care is needed, and how much you are able to pay towards the care yourself. 

The council will carry out a free needs assessment to assess how much help you require. If care is required, the council will then carry out a financial assessment to determine what you will need to contribute. 

You can apply for a needs assessment on GOV.UK or contact your local council. 

Find your local Council HERE

If the council pay towards your care, you will be given a budget. The budget can be spent in 3 different ways.

1. A direct payment into your bank account. 

2. The council pay the care provider directly.

3. An organisation of your choice can manage the funds for you. 

Help and advice can be obtained from

Age UK 0800 678 1602

Independent Age 0800 319 6789

Money Helper 0800 111 3797


Brighton & Hove City Council, and Lewes District Council can provide some services for free. Such as, home adaptions and small equipment that cost under £1,000 and care after hospital discharge. 

Further information can be found on the NHS website

bottom of page